Reign Protocol - Democratizing Credit Flow to Small and Medium Size Businesses(SMBs)

I am applying for a $5k Developer Grant.

Please review my application and discuss! See DFINITY’s directions for becoming a registered reviewer here. They will be collected by DFINITY. When one week passes, DFINITY will release them and they will appear as a new section on this post.

Please review my application and discuss! If you would like to submit an official review, then please use the links below to register, see the rubric, and submit a review.

I’m looking forward to everyone’s input!

Reviewer Registration | Rubric for Evaluating | Submit a Review

MY APPLICATION:

REVIEWS:

Hello everyone,

I am excited to share that I have submitted a proposal for the Reign Protocol to the forum.
I am open to any questions, feedback, and discussions regarding the project. Your insights and suggestions are invaluable in helping us refine and improve our platform to better serve the community and achieve our goals.

HOW TO TEST THE PROTOCOL

Here is an overview of how the project works. You will need to have a web3 wallet like Metamask(Download MetaMask: The Premier Blockchain Wallet App and Browser Extension) installed and the network set to Bitfinity testnet, the EVM cannister on ICP(MetaMask | Bitfinity Documentation).

Reign Protocol

Reign Protocol operates as a decentralized credit infrastructure provider, facilitating connections between digital asset (crypto) investors and investment opportunities tied to small and medium-sized business (SMB) economic activities. Our platform demonstrates the practical application of a Credit Fund functioning as a borrower, which in turn aggregates and lends to small businesses.

We strongly believe that embracing decentralized finance can effectively address the financial inclusion challenge by offering the following advantages:

For Borrowers:

• Access to global digital asset liquidity, providing a sustainable and cost-effective solution for borrowers in emerging markets.
  • Utilization of Blockchain-based on-chain borrowing, ensuring speed, security, and the creation of an immutable credit history that can attract significant capital inflows.

For Investors:

• Empowerment of any digital asset holder to participate as a lender, supporting real-world economic activities.
  • Provision of stable and sustainable yields

We aim to establish a progressively decentralized community (DAO) comprising underwriters, auditors, service providers, asset originators, developers, and investors. Our incentive mechanism is designed to promote positive behavior and address centralized decision-making across the network.

HOW IT WORKS

On the protocol, the borrower creates a loan request providing the needed details and the needed collateral document and they submit these details which are captured and stored on-chain. This request is now visible on the dashboard.

Borrower submits borrow request

Borrower Dashboard

Borrower creates a borrow request

Borrower submits a collateral document

Borrower submits loan application

Underwriter reviews the application and makes decision

The request then goes to the underwriter dashboard and they can decide to approve based on the information provided. This will then be available to the investors to invest in.

Underwriter dashboard showing the new loan request received

Underwriter can approve or reject based on the application and the docs submitted

Past underwriter decisions

Investors

So, when a junior pool investor invests in part of that opportunity, it will be partly funded up to the amount provided by the investor.
Senior pool investors invest in a blanket pool, a general pool which aggregates the funds and allocate them to the various opportunities.

Junior Investor investing

Investor pools

Senior Pool

Withdrawal & Repayment

When an opportunity becomes fully funded, it becomes available for withdrawal by the borrower and the loan payment terms are shown on the dashboard. During repayment, the borrower pays back the loan premium, the loan is updated with the next due amount and the net due date.

Loan request succesfull, funds available for withdrawal

Making Repayment

Repayment