Proposal to covert from system based reward to voter based reward; to implement an accept quorum mechanism; and to return the reject cost to 1 ICP

staker that stake their icp

Weā€™ve had a bounty open to augment axon with some extra features for months. People donā€™t seem to be very interested in actually doing what is needed to fix the problem. Iā€™m 100% for someone making a fast as hell and super usable NNS console.

icdevs didnt even understand or know when im talking about the mechenism that done within binance so the lack of understanding by icdevs is real

I just did. @skilesare joined at 48:12 which was after our discussion about Binance and he never mentioned them for the remainder of the call

Dudeā€¦I missed 40 minutes of the callā€¦I was only on for the last 10 minutes or so and completely missed the Binance section. I know how Binance pays interest to ICP holders so they can borrow it to shorters. What in the world?

then my bad but still u asked me who get the commission so the lack of understanding is still there

the goal of actions 1 overall is to maximize reward for inactive whales, i hope n urge everyone to rethink before making any decision to support this proposal by sir skillshare

I canā€™t understand something I donā€™t have the context for. I have no idea what you are talking about with commission. What are you referring to? Binanceā€™s Commission on the trades they execute? A custody providerā€™s commission of finding borrowable tokens? I just really have no idea what context you were referring to and I donā€™t think it speaks to my ability to understand this space at all.

Did you read Action 1? They get destroyed if they donā€™t vote. On days when there are weighted proposals, their rate drops to like 1.3%. How in the world does that reward them?

its just next to each other,

you think they;re really exist those that scare of the sec that they couldnt even access to their ledger ?(thing u said within the space)

since most of the whales that i heard about within the icp were mostly active like polychain, a16z, warburg serres, electric capital etc and they all care about the icp

I know Iā€™ve had close contacts tell me that they did not/could not vote on the ICDevs proposal because their key was in storage and they could not get to it in time to make the vote. I KNOW millions of voting power is stored securely and not readily accessible. Those voters and slowly being onboarded to following because they know they are losing rewards(Iā€™ve helped onboard a few), but it takes time and can be extremely sensitive with 10s of millions of dollars is on the line. These are real live human beings that are more focused on building the next evolution of this tech than on reading NNS proposals and voting.

the possibility of us going downfall is high if you keep protecting those inactive like that especially whales that are inactive/ against the principle of dfinity principle of decentralization, the fool court and especially small 8years gang retail like me

disappointed again hmm

This is a real problem. Letā€™s imagine a United States of America where the busy rich citizens donā€™t consider jury duty a part of their civic duties. Is this ok behaviour in a functioning democracy where jury duty is expected? Interestingly India had a jury system; which , then , was subsequently removed.

1 Like

Okā€¦look if you work for dfinity, trust dfinity, and followed the rules at genesis that said you could follow dfinity to make decisions about the internet computer I think it is a gross miscalculation to call them an ā€˜inactive whaleā€™.

Letā€™s imagine a United States of America where the busy rich citizens donā€™t consider jury duty a part of their civic duties.

Okā€¦but the civic duty here was to either vote or follow someone that you trust and youā€™ll be ok. Dfinity nominated itself, a number of people agreed and were more than happy to let Dfinity shepard it. Dfinity moved the cheese a bit. I think it is a misrepresentation to say that these people are not ā€œdoing their dutyā€. 100% trust in DFINITY is a completely valid and ā€˜duty fulfillingā€™ stance to have on the NNS right now.

so they from the foundation? airdropped after genesis?

they alr got hundreds of millions of airdropped then why they still upset about the incentivization policy to make it more decentralize, distribute new supply n incentivize small and new 8years gang?

its actually good no? to incentivize new active neuron, increase network adoption n especially further decentralization of the network?