Open Governance canister for SNS | Design proposal

Infinityswap has informed us that they will support the native ledger from the beginning.(this may have changed, but I don’t think it has cc: @Maxfinity )

This standard thing has become a real pain in the ass and I wish everyone(including dfinity) would lean into interface namespacing(Proposal to Adopt the Namespaced Interfaces Pattern as a Best Practice for IC Developers) before the problem gets even bigger and we have a real problem on our hands. The groups who have defined the standards and who haven’t properly Namespaced their functions are really holding back the ability for DiFi and service composability to move forward. It isn’t their fault as this is an entirely new space where everyone shares the same function naming universe. It’s a whole new problem and we really need to solve it.

DIP20, EXT, and the NNS ledger all need to have namespace functions added to them so that we can all move forward and retro fit as we move forward. There is nothing keeping anyone from implementing both transfer and transfer_dip20 to their existing canisters. The one case where this becomes an issue is when we have blackholed canisters with no upgrade path. As far as I know, that number is currently small. Once it gets big we won’t be able to go backward.

Origyn will be releasing some stuff in the future and the one thing that has kept it moving is that DIP721 was namespace. As a result, Origyn will support both EXT(which needs namespacing added) and DIP721 as well as the enhancements that are added to the standards stoup. Every single one of the proposed functions will be namespaced.

5 Likes