Neuron Fund Design Flaw Proposal

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Neurons’ Fund. I have the following feedback:

Regarding point 1 & 2 [Selling of tokens]: Agree. Details are not fully designed yet. Your concerns should be considered in design enhancements. Note: The Neurons’ Fund currently doesn’t dissolve any SNS neurons or sell any SNS tokens.

Regarding point 3 [Proportional Contribution]: Agree. A proposal is already tabled to address this, as detailed in this forum post [link].

Regarding point 4 [Purpose of the fund]: Disagree. I would like to clarify that the purpose of the Neurons’ Fund is to aid the bootstrapping of the SNS DAO ecosystem. As we can see from past and planned SNS launches, it played an important role for interested SNS projects in launching their SNSes.

Regarding point 5 [Documentation]: Agree. The wording should be enhanced for clarity on the Fund’s participatory nature. I will look into this next week.

Regarding point 6 [Decision making]: Disagree. The design of Neurons’ Fund allows flexibility in participation and decision-making. SNS projects can specify their participation preferences in the SNS proposal, and NNS neurons can opt out anytime.

Concluding, my view is the following: You highlighted several valid points which should be considered in subsequent refinements of the Neurons’ Fund. Given its critical role in bootstrapping the SNS ecosystem, it’s prudent to implement these enhancements step by step.

6 Likes