Increasing Decentralization & Reducing ICP Inflation with a Single Proposal

Good question, i cannot speak in specific to these months, but I will say node and voting ICP have two very different mechanisms so they dont always align.

1. Voting ICP is based on an inflation function = There is a fixed % of ICP that gets minted every year and that % is divided among voters.

2. Node provider ICP = node providers get ansomewhat fixed amount of XDR (a virtual currency). To keep it simple: node providers get enough ICP to meet a X amount of a currency called XDR. If ICP market price goes up, the NNS needs to mint less ICP to meet XDR amount. If ICP market price goes down, the NNS needs more ICP to meet the XDR amount.

2 Likes

This is true. The more nodes, each node gets remunerated.

1 Like

Well this is just disappointing…

Come here to voice opinions on governance about decentralization → asking people to leave the ecosystem.

Not the first time

I think the Post was self explanatory, what more explanation do you need?

Come here to voice complaints about being in the ecosystem and regretting their investment. → Being offered a solution that would yield results similar to what they asked for. :exploding_head:

Is this lysergin33?

Is your solution telling others to leave? In my opinion you should follow your solution and leave the ecosystem first and then tell others to do the same. No?

You say complaints, I say pointing out genuine issues.

I think your solution is an extremely lazy one and yields no value to Internet Computer

If you have no “complaints” you should stop shaming others who do just because you have no originality or value to add.

1 Like

Stake rewards should be aligned with the ICP growth.
This is obvious for any company or any economy.
Income can not be higher than revenue. Otherwise you’ll spiral to death.
Neuron investors need to understand that their greediness is gonna be the death of the whole exosystem.

IMO people who are standing in the way of decentralization are the advocates of censorship, spam proposals and decoy proposals. If you classify the token as an “investment” rather than utility token, then it automatically gets classified as an unregistered security issued by dfinity.

Moderator note:

@Phasma community flagged your comment and i removed it because complaining about admin moderation is off-topic, and I generally have less patience for things that are off-topic these days. Please comment on the actual topic or refrain from actual commenting.

1 Like

Moderator note:

@catpirate3 @gatsby_esp @Kick1776 There is nothing wrong with your individual comments, but I am afraid the last batch of comments is going off topic and ive seen other threads similarly de evovle.

I ask we please stick to the topic at hand. Thank you.

3 Likes

I think it is disingenuous to say that neuron investors are greedy.

1 Like

Moderator note:

@catpirate3 i removed various of your posts because despite my warnings, you keep posting things off topic.

More so, I will concede one point:

1. You are welcome to disagree with my moderating.

2. As I have told you before, you are more than welcome to make a POST or THREAD on it. Yet you keep hijacking’s other threads. comments are usually removed because they are off topic as commonly as they are for being ad hominem.you can make a thread about moderating rules.

3. You can also not engage. If you do not like this forum. You can go to other many forums. Please do not come to our public space (which we take pains to clean up) and then critique in a non helpful manner by hijacking threads.

Please consider this an official warning

1 Like

So let me get this straight,

1. You fail to answer all of my questions from a single post which was related to your previous post
  2. You censor my “off-topic” post but not Wenzel’s
  3. And yet again you’re here threatening me? Instead of answering this

The purpose of this topic is “increasing decentralization” / “sparking decentralization”, so why are my posts exactly off topic? @diegop Your posts sound like ad hominem, if anything else. Attacking the person instead of addressing the argument. Who’s gonna moderate your posts?

You just proved this

also you quietly removed this topic?

I don’t see any complaints from author of this topic, why are you and wenzel censoring me here? seems like you have something personal against me

I will leave the comment above, but I will iterate on my approach:

1. I have now deleted all comments that were off topic even the ones from you i had let slide as well as by any other users that were off topic (I have a feeling they wont care as much as you do).

2. Yes i saw your question, but i was not really in a mood to answer it. This is a forum for discussion, not a chatbot. I will try to be helpful when I can, but I was genuinely turned off by the tone of your question. Not as an admin, but as a user. If you want me (or anyone) to participate in a dialogue, I would suggest changing your approach.

please note @catpirate3 this your comment above is snarky and unhelpful and I hesitate to hijack this thread with more off-topic comments, so i will do this:

1. I will leave your comment above as written evidence of your bad faith which can become part of the long chain of bad faith comments you have written.

2. I will warn you any more comments not related to the original comment will be deleted and I will silence your user profile. You have been warned.

1 Like