Grants for voting neurons

Hey @lara and ICP community,

I would like Rivram Inc to be considered for the Participant Management & Node Admin Team grant.
My name is Jayesh Sharma ( Lead Engineer at Rivram Inc), and I am applying on behalf of Rivram Inc.

About Rivram Inc and Our Team
Rivram Inc ( Node Provider on ICP ): https://dashboard.internetcomputer.org/provider/ulyfm-vkxtj-o42dg-e4nam-l4tzf-37wci-ggntw-4ma7y-d267g-ywxi6-iae
Ritvick Paliwal ( Founder and CEO ): Twitter | LinkedIn | GitHub
Jayesh Sharma ( Lead Software engineer ): Linkedin | Github
Avi Sanadhya (Tech Mentor): Linkedin

Relevant Experience
Rivram Inc. boasts over three years of experience in developing a range of tools and applications for the Internet Computer Protocol. Our notable achievements include creating a user-friendly service for canister management, which simplifies deployment with an intuitive click-to-deploy functionality. Additionally, we have been actively involved in advancing the Internet Computer ecosystem with projects such as Bauction, IC-Vault, and Simple-Queue-Service.
Currently, Rivram Inc. is focused on developing a decentralized exchange (DEX) aggregator for the IC network. This new initiative aims to streamline and enhance trading efficiency by consolidating liquidity across various platforms, ultimately contributing to a more robust and user-friendly decentralized finance ecosystem.
We do operate 12 Nodes on the network and plan to expand more in the future.

Motivation for Becoming a Voting Neuron
Our motivation arises from our early involvement in the IC since beginning. We at Rivram Inc believe that taking on a more significant role in governance is crucial.
Our extensive contributions and the deep insights we have acquired through our involvement in the ecosystem position us uniquely to fulfill the responsibilities of a voting neuron. By becoming a voting neuron, we can leverage our expertise and experience to further strengthen and support the IC community. This role will allow us to have a meaningful impact on the governance and future development of the IC.

Need for Grant Funding
Securing grant funding is essential for us to deepen our understanding of and contributions to the protocol. Our team has been fully committed to the IC from the very start, and this grant will enable us to allocate additional hours to actively participate in governance by voting and conducting necessary checks for node provider applications.
With the grant, we can expand our resources and ensure our team has the capacity to engage more thoroughly in the ecosystem. This support will also allow us to enhance the robustness of our node provider-focused initiative, ultimately contributing to the stability and growth of the IC infrastructure. By receiving this funding, we can ensure that our efforts align with the broader goals of the IC community, fostering a more resilient and scalable network.

Long-term Interest in ICP
Maintaining a long-term commitment to ICP is crucial for our success. By fostering a robust and scalable ICP infrastructure, we aim to contribute to the ecosystem’s growth and stability. Our dedication to this mission reflects our genuine interest in ensuring that ICP remains competitive and continues to attract a wide range of participants and supporters. This alignment of interests underscores our commitment to acting in the best interest of the ICP community and its ongoing development.

Interest in Participant Management & Node Admin
Our profound understanding of the IC ecosystem, coupled with our expertise in building on IC from its inception, has provided us with invaluable insights and the confidence to vote effectively on these matters.

Commitment to Long-term Voting
As an established node provider within the IC ecosystem, we are closely connected to the success and growth of the ICP network. Over the past few years, we have developed a deep expertise in navigating and optimizing the IC network. This experience positions us to leverage our knowledge for the long-term enhancement of the network. We are committed to utilizing our skills and insights to drive continued innovation, support network stability, and contribute to the broader mission of advancing public cloud infrastructure. By investing in the network’s future, we aim to play a pivotal role in its ongoing evolution and success.

Voting Principles
Our voting principles are rooted in the values of decentralization and transparency. We ensure that each proposal is meticulously reviewed for technical correctness and compliance by our skilled team members, who are deeply committed to these tasks. Additionally, as we grow and evolve, we are dedicated to expanding our team with additional reviewers who share our commitment to these core principles, ensuring that our voting process remains robust, impartial, and aligned with the highest standards of integrity.

We are eager to bring our expertise and passion to the ICP community, driving meaningful contributions and fostering growth in a more organized and impactful manner. Thank you for considering our application; we look forward to the opportunity to collaborate and advance the ICP ecosystem together.

2 Likes

Hi all,
I am very happy and excited to see so many applications coming in over the last few days and weeks!

We will collect all of the applicants and what topic they applied for and the next step is then to bring this to voting.

Due to a few absences, we expect that the voting is ready earliest in the week after next week.
Of course you can already take the time to promote your team and your neuron in the meantime!

Cheers and have soon a great weekend!

16 Likes

Hey @lara . Have you all selected the date that the applications for this grant will be put to a vote by the community?

1 Like

I support @Jesse in this endeavour. He has been building with great integrity, self-sacrifice and grit.

2 Likes

Thanks for asking!
We are collecting the list of all applications this week and tentatively aim to submit the proposals end of this or next week. We will share an update / reminder a few days before so people can be prepared, but already invite everyone to read the applications and build an opinion.

3 Likes

100% support for @Jesse, his Personal_DAO, and the Name Neuron Dev-Grant proposal for his team!

1 Like

Dear All,

We are very pleased with the turnout for this initiative and are happy to announce that a total of 14 different entities have applied, submitting 28 proposals in total. These proposals will be submitted to the NNS to determine which applicants will receive the voting neuron grants. You can find an overview of the applicants and the topics they applied for in the following table:

A summary of the applications that we used to create the proposals, which we tentatively aim to submit this Friday (16.08.2024), can be found in this table.

If we have made any mistakes in collecting your application information from this thread, please let us know by replying to this post with the information you would like to have corrected within the next 24 hours (by Thursday, 15.08.2024, 7 pm CET).

While collecting this data, we noticed that a few applicants applied for a Team Grant but do not appear to be eligible based on their applications. Please note that to be eligible for a team grant, you need to commit to having at least 3 reviewers per proposal. If this requirement is not met, we will not be able to move forward with the grant. Below, I will tag the projects affected by this, with a request to clarify if they truly want to apply for a team grant.

@louisevelayo @Tevin-Isaac @QuantumLeapLabs @jaesharma

11 Likes

thank you for this clarification sir we have updated that we are not applying for a Team grant.

1 Like

Would you please change the name in table from The CodeGov Project to CodeGov? I have edited the post. Thank you!

2 Likes

I reflected this change in the table.

This change is reflected as well.

1 Like

Hi @cryptoschindler, thanks for this. If it’s not too much trouble, would it be possible to replace the start of my application text (“Hi, my name’s Alex Lorimer.”) with this instead → “Hi, my name’s Alex Lorimer (known neuron LORIMER).”

I’ve only recently created the proposal for my known neuron, so didn’t have this set up when I initially wrote my submission.

Also it looks like the application text includes the image that I posted as markdown. I don’t expect this will render outside of the DFINITY forum (such as on the NNS dapp or dashboard) → ![image|690x323](upload://ceApw6qhHI7d7wXj5qZExfdLFxW.jpeg). If that’s the case could this be removed from the application text?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Good catch! This change is reflected in the table now.

1 Like

@cryptoschindler I never provided the neuron ID for Personal DAO’s named neuron.

Here it is: 6459874325470209959

Hi @cryptoschindler, thank you for the ping! I have updated the original announcement and would like to confirm that we truly would like to apply for the team grant.

Thank you and the team for your time and effort into putting this together :pray:

2 Likes

Am I correct to assume you don’t want any changes to your application text being made in the table? If not, please edit the application text itself or provide instructions for the changes you’d like to be made (see @Lorimer 's recent post for example).

@cryptoschindler, I do want to make a change to my application’s text.

I would like to replace the following text:

My name is Jesse D. Williams Jr.

And in its place, i would like the text to read:

My name is Jesse D. Williams Jr. The neuron ID that I will be voting with on behalf of Personal DAO is: 6459874325470209959

1 Like

Thank you, this change is reflected in the table now.

1 Like

@cryptoschindler, I would like to add my Voting Neuron information before the Team Size and Composition section, if possible:

1 Like

This has been added, thank you.

1 Like

THE PROPOSALS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED!
Exciting news - we just submitted the 28 proposals, with ID 131759 - 131786.

So you can now vote on them and share the relevant proposals with others to vote too!

Good luck and soon a good weekend to everyone!

8 Likes