Endorphin (mobile OS) [Community Consideration]

Thanks Paul. I’m going to check out Graphene for sure. From my naïve, 1,000 foot view, the ultimate goal would be to get the IC to boot on a Librem 5. Right now the Librem 5 is geared towards a straight GNU/Linux OS - PureOS. It’s kernel has been tweaked for their open source SoC. I think this could be a matter of finding the SoC OS mods the y did in PureOS and applying the same logic to Graphene? I’m just spit-balling.

2 Likes

grapheneOS is amazing, i absolutely love it

we need project endorphin back :thinking:

3 Likes

I disagree, we need a more accesible and powerful IC, a proprietary mobile OS won’t be of any help just a waste of Dfinity’s limited resources.

2 Likes

I agree with your point. What needs to be done is to build real dapps for the IC platform and entice users to use the applications rather than an empty, costly and resource-wasting operating system.

but what if someone within the foundation leave to build endorphin under the ecosystem? cuz this could become a new hot topic for VC and other non crypto native investment fund to invest/ cuz imagine solana and other competitors win and we get left out from this competition :thinking:

its actually a brilliant blue ocean non evm compatitble move by solana to be honest/

what if someone within the foundation leave to build endorphin under the ecosystem?

Would they leave just to work on this? Than what’s the difference between Dfinity working on it and Dfinity losing 1 employee to work on it on his own?

cuz imagine solana and other competitors win and we get left out from this competition

I doubt, Solana can’t even keep its network online longer than a month, let alone make strides in a market where titans like Microsoft failed miserably.

SNS, People Parties, tools to let devs build better, bigger apps quicker is what we need. If you feel somehow your mobile OS doesn’t satisfy you, get a vanilla Android install and use dApps as progressive web apps, that would be more decentralized than whatever Solana VCs will sell you. I think you’re making the error of following trends, instead of setting new ones, if there is something the recent bear market should have taught us is no matter how big a project/fund/company is, their choices might very well be poor ones.

2 Likes

just like origyn foundation for exemple a seperate new venture/

the thing is that they try to onboard n tap in into billions of people outside of their ecosystem into the space through this new blue ocean democratization type of strategy and it seem like they try to build out a new market share without facing a direct competition against those dotcom era tech companies also n that why i think we shouldnt ignore and need to carefully atleast thinking about that/

btw the recent crypto cycle also taught us that the industry move fast/ we might be die or obsolete if we cant keep up the lastest trend and race within this newly built industry.

just try if there tons of funding ready to be fund/ cuz speculation drive innovation/ adoption, isnt it.

is this topic still relevant to discuss?