Decentralization

Decentralization
In my opinion decentralization seems to be about the ability for the IC to provide a network that has no server land base within any country or be pulled down by any laws as it has the ability to reroute to any node under attack.

This is a powerful tool but for whom.

Why not an exchange like Coinbase and Binance?

It seems to me that we have a solution to their problems with no landbase servers and they are able to provide their services anywhere in the world.

JP Morgan reports that as the staking rewards yield declines the interest by stakers decreases and then those mentioned above interests increase by staking and they can centralize the network.

Once the DFINITY team leaves the network, they will take control.

The spark for me for stakers in the IC is that the staking be limited to the current 8 year club and the real purpose of a Decentralized network is that we the commoners keep control.

We need to close the ability for more staking and close the door on those who would take over the IC and extra funding could come from within.

We could have a true centralized system where the common folk have control and make the IC profitable so that yields are replaced by wages for the work we do with voting.

I feel that those mentioned above need the IC to circumnavigate the problems they have with different laws in every country which seems what the top centralized companies are doing with creating a system of satellites around the world.

With the top exchanges on the IC then we have all the traffic we need.

1 Like

I appreciate your thoughtful reflection on decentralization and its implications for networks like the Internet Computer (IC). Your point about the potential for a decentralized network to operate without being constrained by server locations and legal jurisdictions is indeed a powerful aspect.

The comparison with centralized exchanges like Coinbase and Binance raises interesting considerations. While a decentralized network can provide a solution to some of their challenges, it’s essential to acknowledge the complexities involved. Decentralization, in theory, empowers individuals and promotes inclusivity, but the balance between control and accessibility must be carefully navigated.

Your concern about the potential centralization of the IC, especially with declining staking rewards, is valid. It’s crucial to establish mechanisms that maintain the original intent of decentralization and prevent control from consolidating into a few hands. Your suggestion of limiting staking to the existing 8-year club and involving the common folk in decision-making processes aligns with the fundamental principles of decentralization.

Creating a true decentralized system where the community holds control and profits through active participation is a compelling vision. This model, driven by the commoners, could redefine how decentralized networks operate and contribute to a more equitable distribution of benefits.

Thank you
Stevediaz