We need a new leader, dao dom

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Good luck finding someone more driven and less corrupt.

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

One of the problems is that many developers depend on Dfinity and by extension Williams as a source of funding and partnership. Naturally, they do not want to rock the boat, risk their status. We saw major infighting between groups of developers recently with regard to the treasury proposal. It felt like a circular firing squad. Yet, no influential developer stands up to criticize the foundation for its many failings. There’s too much at stake especially now with the value so low that nobody can use their ICP holdings, and VC money is drying up with recent scandals, so more depends on grants from a centralised, opaque organisation called Dfinity.
There was a question about the massive node rewards, with inflation indexed at a ridiculous 10%. No response from Dfinity. Why are node providers being assured scuh huge profit margins, especially when onboarding still goes through Dfinity? Are there conflicts of interest there? Node providers are hugely concentrated, just a handful account for the hundreds of nodes currently deployed.
It is not necessary that Williams needs to be replaced, but we do require some effort from the community to push transparency, which he is obviously uninterested in. There was a governance roadmap put out that had dozens of points but did not even mention transparency, something that must be at the core of any public blockchain. Right now, the IC ecosystem is structured like a powerful government surrounded by people looking for a handout.

3 Likes

Dom is really working behind closed doors and not listening to the advice of the community. The foundation needs to reduce the number of people, outsource some work, and increase efficiency

1 Like

IMO, this could work starting it organically with small low priority projects

1 Like

I believed in ICP because of Dom. He’s not a snake or a puppet like so much are.

3 Likes

Only crazy ideea latley, Dom is a great orator and great tehnical guy and above all is the father of the IC. Ofcourse he do mistakes, everybody does, but i think there is no person in this world that want more than Dom for IC to succed. If you want a new leader, vote for me i will crush Ic in 2 month.
Also Dom is Chef at Dfinity , the major contribuitor for IC and IC is a DAO.
Sorry guys for this message, i cant abstain. Also i’m not Kyle L. And english is not my native language.

4 Likes

But he’s not a good leader, he’s a stubborn old man

But he’s not a good leader, he’s a stubborn old man

dfinity needs a leader who understands management, not an old man who only cares about his own ideas

2 Likes

The only problem with Dominic is that he spent to much energy to attack other projects on Twitter.
And, obviosuly, Karmic Law, ICP has been attacked, economically on the verge of annihilation.

When we attack others in an attempt to make ourselves or our project bigger, this creates the opposite effect.

However, Dom is the better person for this mission.

4 Likes

I mean dom takes a back seat and finds someone who really understands management to manage dfinity

1 Like

DFinity is not ICP. DFinity is a contributor to IC, and we cannot dictate who their leaders are. We should be discussing the Internet Computer Association https://association.internetcomputer.org/.

1 Like

We need multiple leaders comparable to dom.
Nobody can argue with the dom if icp maxi.
Dom isn’t SBF, but I don’t think he’s CZ either.
Personally, I like Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
Dom alone seems inflexible to stay in the crypto world for icp.

Come on, of course Dom has room to grow, especially on the “attack other projects too much” and more importantly about allocating more resources to the marketing side. But the guy is passionate and give obviously his all to the project.

So yes he is not perfect, but no one is. Maybe we should try to find a way to help him grow instead.

Dom is the best leader we could have

3 Likes

i love this topic. yes, dom should totally channel his attitude into a dao, make his opinions as unstoppable as his claims of the IC

my take is he is smarter than most people realise. he has perspective and i think he sees the long game. too many clues, silence where necessary. the art of business is strong with this one

4 Likes

We can not find better then Dom.
No way.
And we dont need better.

2 Likes

It seems you are a member of the organisation DFi