- Discussion (01/10/2023)
- Ratification: (01/09/2023)
- Open for application: (01/09/2023)
- In Review
- Bounty Amount: $8,000 USD of ICP at award date
- ICDevs.org Bounty Acceleration: For each 1 ICP sent to e156fe180f0f6deffa87344390dc45b2e6d4483d4007f6ea8f3f4d89e56fa5d2, ICDevs.org will add .25 ICP to this issue and .75 ICP to fund other ICDevs.org initiatives.
- Project Type: Team
- Opened: 01/10/2023
- Time Commitment: Weeks
- Project Type: Library
- Experience Type: Intermediate - Motoko;
We have a JSON parser for motoko, but some legacy web apis use XML. This bounty asks you to use the JSON parser patterns and update it to parse(decode) XML. You will need to provide candid types for XML and make sure that you support parsing the XML Spec.
You should also provide an encoder that will take the xml candid type and output the XML as text. This will be useful for building xml based web services.
This bounty gives the opportunity to
- learn motoko
- learn parser combinators - GitHub - aviate-labs/parser-combinators.mo: Parser Combinator Library for Motoko
- learn about xml
- Include links to previous work writing tutorials and any other open-source contributions(ie. your github).
- Include a brief overview of how you will complete the task. This can include things like which dependencies you will use, how you will make it self-contained, the sacrifices you would have to make to achieve that, or how you will make it simple. Anything that can convince us you are taking a thoughtful and expert approach to this design.
- Give an estimated timeline on completing the task.
- Post your application text to the Bounty Thread
The ICDevs.org developer’s advisors will propose a vote to award the bounty and the Developer Advisors will vote.
Please keep your ongoing code in a public repository(fork or branch is ok). Please provide regular (at least weekly) updates. Code commits count as updates if you link to your branch/fork from the bounty thread. We just need to be able to see that you are making progress.
The balance of the bounty will be paid out at completion.
Once you have finished, please alert the dev forum thread that you have completed work and where we can find that work. We will review and award the bounty reward if the terms have been met. If there is any coordination work(like a pull request) or additional documentation needed we will inform you of what is needed before we can award the reward.
If you cease work on the bounty for a prolonged(at the Developer Advisory Board’s discretion) or if the quality of work degrades to the point that we think someone else should be working on the bounty we may re-award it. We will be transparent about this and try to work with you to push through and complete the project, but sometimes, it may be necessary to move on or to augment your contribution with another resource which would result in a split bounty.
The bounty was generously funded by the DFINITY Foundation. If you would like to turbocharge this bounty you can seed additional donations of ICP to e156fe180f0f6deffa87344390dc45b2e6d4483d4007f6ea8f3f4d89e56fa5d2. ICDevs will match the bounty $40:1 ICP for the first 100 ICP out of the DFINITY grant and then 0.25:1. All donations will be tax deductible for US Citizens and Corporations. If you send a donation and need a donation receipt, please email the hash of your donation transaction, physical address, and name to email@example.com. More information about how you can contribute can be found at our donations page.
The draft bounty is posted to the DFINITY developer’s forum for discussion
The developer advisor’s board will propose a bounty be ratified and a vote will take place to ratify the bounty. Until a bounty is ratified by the Dev it hasn’t been officially adopted. Please take this into consideration if you are considering starting early.
Developers can submit applications to the Dev Forum post. The council will consider these as they come in and propose a vote to award the bounty to one of the applicants. If you would like to apply anonymously you can send an email to austin at icdevs dot org or sending a PM on the dev forum.
A developer is currently working on this bounty, you are free to contribute, but any splitting of the award will need to be discussed with the currently assigned developer.
The Dev Council is reviewing the submission
The award has been given and the bounty is closed.