Unable to Execute JavaScript Function in Motoko-Generated Canister

Hey everyone,

I’ve been working on a project where I’m integrating Motoko-generated canisters with JavaScript, and I’ve hit a snag. It seems I’m unable to execute a particular JavaScript function within the context of my canister.

what I’m attempting:

• I have a Motoko canister set up with various functions exposed.
  • In my JavaScript frontend, I’m trying to call one of these functions using the provided interop methods.
  • However, when I invoke the function from JavaScript, it doesn’t seem to execute as expected.
  • I’ve checked for any potential errors or misconfigurations in my code, but everything appears to be in order.
  • I’ve tested other functions within the same canister, and they seem to work fine. So, it appears to be specific to this function or how it’s being invoked from JavaScript.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue before? Please guide me in this.
I also check this : SNS validate and execute functions in Motokoqlik But I have not found any solution.

I’m happy to provide more details or code snippets if needed.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Can you expand more on what you mean that the function does not execute as expected?

1. Does the function execute something expected? Have you tested the function in the Candid UI of the backend?
  2. Are there any error(s) in the console in the Inspect tool?
  3. When you open the Network tab in the Inspect tool do any ICP-related APIs fire?