Tokenomics Proposal [Community Consideration]

Hmmm. I suppose you are right. I hadn’t considered that idea previously and I would not want that to happen. Vote following through liquid democracy should be a personal and independent decision, not a contractual obligation for some service provided. I suppose this is a good reason it should not be visible which neurons are following which neurons, which is not possible today. I believe this is why ic.rocks and others cannot determine the liquid voting power of specific neurons.

This is a good place to introduce another request for the Dfinity foundation. I don’t know if anyone else has already defined a term for this yet, but for now I will call it liquid voting power. Liquid voting power is the overall total voting power of a neuron inclusive of its own voting power and the total voting power it obtains from all vote followers in the liquid democracy model.

I think it is important to be able to track the liquid voting power of neurons. I think only Dfinity foundation can/should make this metric visible. The stated goal is decentralization over time. This will happen. The only time in IC history that individual neurons should have greater than 51% liquid voting power should be Dfinity foundation in the early days. As decentralization occurs, we will need metrics that enable visibility to which neurons are gaining enough liquid voting power to control the NNS.

7 Likes