Thoughts on Risk-Conscious Means of Neuron Transfer

@ayjayem Your post is great to read.

I think that approach is pretty great. I’d actually like to follow an internet identity (possibly even linked to a face or with a name in the forum), than just a stake.
I’ve argued about introducing following fees as a possible reward people for providing voting neurons, or with your approach voting identities.

Following internet identities + voting fees could give ICP additional security in terms of avoiding governance attacks. People could be incentiviced to participate in governance, strenghten decentralization and also have something to lose/fight for (voting fees). This could also make buying/selling of a following neurons/internet identities less likely. Let’s assume I put much work into establishing a serious id which people follow. Why should i suddenly sell it to the next best bidder and risk people to hate me for that?
The buyer would exactly have one bad vote before people unfollow the id + they’d also possibly cruzify me for doing that to them.

Did anyone see the controversy created by a Uniswap vote? As soon as an identity (possibly even showing a pseudonym in the forum, or a face, which the id holder provided by free will to advertise his neuron/id ) would be linked to that vote, there would be much more controversy and attention.
This is another form of accountability (personal) which could be incentivized.

I think this is a really interesting way to go. It wouldn’t be restricted, but people would face a loss and so they’d have financial accountability as soon as they stake. @namyIC provided it in the thread.

I personally started to become interested in ICP because of its unique handling of internet identites. The more I deal with it, the more I’d actually dislike permanent seed phrases. How do others see that?

2 Likes