Service Nervous System | Governance for Dapps

I think someone will try to lay an information before their court and try to press their issue. I have no idea what jurisdiction would apply but someone will argue their position.
An aggrieved person is going to want to make representation to someone to remedy their issue. I can see pressure being applied on those who can exert influence over the NNS. We have seen this in other venues whereby someone uses threats of litigation, blocking of finances, etc. Depending on the nature of the complaint, the representations could be mild or severe, legal or illegal including intimidation, coercion, and even military action.
I think someone will try to lay an information before their court and try to press their issue…
I do not think the NNS or SNS will resolve the issue of differences of law or clashing of values/ethics/religions/culture. What to do about a complaint should be up to the respective DAO. What is needed however is a method for the NNS to say, this is not our issue but rather one for the DAO to resolve and communicate it to the SNS. The DAO, if it chooses to take action could elect to notify the NNS or not. Doing so should reduce the pressure on the NNS to take action all of the time.
None of this is mandatory. A DAO could run without an SNS. If the NNS becomes involved and there is no SNS, the NNS would have limited actions that it could take.
I have no idea what jurisdiction applies to a Dapp or DAO but somebody is going to take a run at making their view stick if there is money behind the action.

1 Like