Seed Round Access

Could you check directly under your GTC account here:

https://ic.rocks/genesis/2d89d96b10f7a9456a9154b2f5309ee70df5bce1

Replace the address after genesis/ with your own DFN address (aka legacy address). There is line “KYC proposal” which will tell you if yours was already KYC unlocked or not.

KYC proposal were last made on Nov 18.

1 Like

I have checked my address using this link - it says that that my KYC hadn’t been verified yet. Can it be if I submitted it more then two months ago?

I should not be. Please contact support and provide your DFN address there. Then they can tell you if your DFN address should have been processed.

I check it every day.
KYC Proposal: No

Best to contact support then.

An update on the Ledger Nano integration. The support for seed round access will come in two phases.

Phase 1 (the initial release): The initial release is targeted at all consumers. It allows to manage neurons such as changing dissolve delay, dissolving, disbursing, managing hotkeys, voting, etc. Of course, it also allows to transfer ICP in the ledger.

Phase 2 (the next release after): This next release includes the claim_neurons function for seed round neurons. It is an upgrade specifically for seed round folks.

For the audience in this thread this means: If you already claimed your neurons then, right away with the initial release, you can fully control and manage your neurons directly from the Ledger Nano. You can do so either with the in-browser NNS dapp or with a command-line tool called ic-hardware-wallet-cli. The Ledger Nano can connect to both.

If you have not claimed your neurons yet then you can do a one-time step on a (hopefully air-gapped) computer in order to claim and then do all the rest from Ledger Nano. New instructions for the claiming step will be posted (they are easier now with quill than they were with dfx). If you don’t want to do these steps then you have to wait for the next release after the initial release.

Coding for the next release in under way. This is a relatively simple function to add and the release is expected to come out in weeks (not months).

5 Likes

This is excellent news

1 Like

When will the App for ledger be released?

1 Like

the app is released in experimental mode. lots of Ledger apps are in the same state. what we need is a guide on how to use it.

when and where for instructions?

I know it‘s in the experimental mode, but when will it be released in the normal mode? I won‘t send hundreds of ICP to an experimental feature.

1 Like

I cannot give exact dates, but definitely, before the end of the year as we are at the very last stage with Ledger (and a fairly trivial step at that).

1 Like

Tons of Ledger wallets are in ‘experimental mode’ and work fine. I used Cosmos in experimental mode on Ledger for a year. It’s fine. I’d happily use ICP in experimental mode as well, just need instructions on how to do it to retrieve seed balance.

I notice the current file size for the Internet Computer wallet is 88kb which fits fine on Nano S. Should work just as well on the Nano X too.

Coming up on the wiki.

Meanwhile I uploaded a preview for you to ICDrive:
https://rglue-kyaaa-aaaah-qakca-cai.raw.ic0.app/#/icdrive/*U2FsdGVkX18frHygfCHbwYfGH37z6w+pM5Un4CZvY9RuCqJDU2BTzkc2iwMUQWE25WMuT71b2/WiuNb5WKcRW4tan2ICQQMUvtZRv8zEbNFZM175WJDlHVZWY2T3sUkFmhGu/AxeakrAfoMmFHuSDXoimaeLjy9ZUSizgN1ijRs=

2 Likes

Thanks, you’re doing great work.

1 Like

Update: Ledger Nano is live folks.

1 Like

This is great news! Do you know if we will be able to auto-merge our maturity through LedgerLive?

1 Like

Thank you for such positive encouragement!

Good question. Let me ask team.

1 Like

Merge maturity support will not be present in this version of the Ledger App.

“Auto” merging of maturity is not supported by the Governance canister yet at all, and so also will not be part of the Ledger app.

Properly supporting auto-merge will likely require some deeper changes to the Ledger canister, notably batch transaction so that we can avoid generating thousands of separate Ledger calls every day when rewards are distributed. Once the governance canister can distribute these rewards in a single call to the Ledger, it will become feasible for neurons to opt-in to auto-merge. But I would not expect this functionality to become available until next year.

3 Likes