Retired: ICDevs.org Bounty #12 - PNG Encoder/Decoder - $14,000

Hello again, Zlib and Deflate are both working and you can expect the repo here soon. That will be it for the decoder, save for the changes we’ll need for multi-step. Tomijaga also finished their own Deflate decoder so I’ll be sure to take a look at it and see how it compares. Tomijaga did fixed Huffman codes, which I skipped in my implementation, so I might be able to incorporate now that it’s available.

@skilesare I previously expressed interest in taking it on, but it was not assigned to me. It appears that Piens has done some work on this, but I haven’t seen their output. It has been half a year since their last update. I’m unsure about the current progress of the project.

If the project has not yet been completed, could it be reassigned to me? I have already done some preliminary work on this.

Could you please provide me with current status? I would like to contribute to this project and help to bring it to completion.

Hi @diegop, @skilesare, maybe we can rectify the PNG encoder/decoder developing process and get it back on track.

@hanbu97 Fair point. I do not run the bounty, so I will let @skilesare answer.

I’m doing some restructuring on the Bounty program. This one is pretty stale and didn’t get past the finish line. Give me a bit and if this one still fits the profile on the new program we’ll reopen it.

Thanks for the update on the Bounty program! I’m excited to jump in and contribute to the new projects. Keep me in the loop!

Would you like to team up I start working on gzip but sort of stucked. It would be awesome to pair program this or sort of.

Absolutely, I’d be happy to team up with you! However, I’d like to wait until the updated Bounty program is officially released. Once projects are formally assigned, we can then decide on which tasks to collaborate on and start developing. Looking forward to it!

@skilesare Hi, any updates on the new Bounty program? Thanks!