NNS improvements

@Zane
I really like the way you think here.

1. I’m a big fan of this idea to disable Followees periodically. In my opinion, we should expect active participation in governance. It’s the job we are paid to do to earn the voting rewards. Liquid democracy is awesome and is vital for ICP tokenomics, but rules should exist that incentivize people to stay engaged. I would argue that Followees should be automatically disabled as frequently as every 3 months for the Governance proposal topic. That way passive investors will only get voting rewards for routine business, which will get paid lower rewards. Active participants will get higher rewards for participation in topics where we really do need a significant portion of people to vote using their own brains, even if it just means that every quarter they need to validate their Followee(s) for Governance proposals.

2. I think this proposal linked below addresses the majority of this suggestion. It basically is intended to enable voters to cast their votes manually at any time throughout the voting period of the proposal. If their Followees have voted, they can still change their vote to override their Followee. That said, I think every voter should own responsibility to vote within the voting period window and it should not be extended beyond that window. If they want to guarantee that their vote is cast to their preference, then they should vote manually.

1. I’m a big fan of the people parties idea and I hope it will offer a significant boost to help give people with smaller neurons a greater voice.

BTW I would also like to incentivize manual voting with higher rewards compared to relying on Followee voting. I’m coming from the position that the highest tokenomics incentives should reward active participation from people who are willing to use their own brains to make decisions that are in the long term best interest of the IC.

@lara @rubenhorne

2 Likes