Guide: How to top-up an existing neuron

Zero balance neurons will get cleaned up shortly, that feature simply hasn’t been done yet due to other priorities but it’s a known issue :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @hpeebles

It worked well now, thank you. But the rewards to my neurons are not seen distributed yesterday. The maturity remains same and has no increase. It has been increasing everyday for the last 36 days. Why this?

1 Like

I noticed this too. Assume this is just a temporary display issue given the NNS canister upgrades voted on recently, but that’s worth confirming.

@Saj_ICP + @ayjayem the team in charge of the NNS have been looking into this and the fix has now gone live.

Update: InternetComputer Status - Delayed voting rewards

2 Likes

As of ~12 hours ago, all neurons created through the NNS Dapp should now refresh their balances automatically when additional ICP are sent to their addresses.

If anyone still has issues with this please send me a message and I’ll have a dig into it.

4 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work Hamish.

2 Likes

Rewards have now been updated. Thanks for the timely action👍

1 Like

Yes, rewards have been updated on my end too. Thanks!

Where do I get this address? Edit: I found it on the transaction list screen on the transaction where I staked the neuron.

The NNS is also putting off this error about infinity times a second(almost makes the app unuseable). Starts when I click on one of my staked neurons.

Error: Cannot find field create_neuron
    at RecordClass.decodeValue (dfinity_agent.js:16559)
    at VariantClass.decodeValue (dfinity_agent.js:16685)
    at OptClass.decodeValue (dfinity_agent.js:16474)
    at RecordClass.decodeValue (dfinity_agent.js:16555)
    at RecClass.decodeValue (dfinity_agent.js:16759)
    at RecordClass.decodeValue (dfinity_agent.js:16555)
    at dfinity_agent.js:17168
    at Array.map (<anonymous>)
1 Like

I’ve just had a look into this and can see the issue.

In the NNS Dapp the governance canister candid file is out of date and is causing it to attempt to read from a field that was removed a while ago.

I should be able to get a fix for this out tomorrow.

1 Like

Can we top-up with a direct transfer from exchanges now?

Yes it’s been fixed for both early and new neurons.

1 Like

Is there any issue with disbursing a newly-spawned neuron directly to another (locked and voting) neuron?

Any transaction to a neuron that was created via the NNS Dapp will result in the recipient neuron having its balance updated, so yes this will work

3 Likes

Makes sense - thanks!

Did I understand correctly that for a neuron created before May 19, I need to use Send, not a Stake? To add tokens to an old neuron.

In regards to topping them up, there is no longer a difference between neurons created prior to May 19th and those created after.

You need to look in your transaction history and find the ‘Stake Neuron’ transaction, then send additional ICP to that same address.

1 Like

Of course it doesn’t matter where the top-up tokens come from right? It could come from an exchange and not necessarily my original wallet?

Yup. The source of the ICP doesn’t matter

1 Like

Hi can you kindly refresh my neurons addition icp is not reflecting even after waiting for a week
principal id is “2zdcr-vzrup-cures-cpieb-akkeg-mivyx-cipkx-5zoc7-uumvw-y5gno-dae”

Memo id : 6799679457235834092