Closed: ICDevs.org Bounty #44 - ICRC-2 and ICRC-3 - Motoko - $6,000

How can it take months to develop an extension of a standard?

1 Like

Hiii anybody there??

It’s sad to see that DFINITY’s arguably the strongest differentiator, ckBTC, is left incomplete for B2B use cases as it lacks ICRC-2. It’s all about prioritization, and surely DFINITY has the headcount to handle a relatively low resource work like ICRC-2, yet it chooses to create a “bounty” for it. Bounty?! Seriously?!

Agreed. Makes no sense

Uhm, this bounty has been created by an independent developer organization called icdevs not dfinity. You can find more information about icdevs here: ICDevs.org

It’s great to see organizations like icdevs organize bounties like this to move the community forward, let’s not spam these threads with unrelated things.

See my response in the other thread for more details regarding the Rust icrc ledger canister.

Not blaming ICDevs. They are awesome.
We blame dfinity for not developing such an important matter as icrc2 &3.
With out it:

• Defi won’t kick off
  • Cex integrations won’t happen
  • Coin info listings won’t happen
  • automatic Tax report won’t happen (WHO IS GOING TO INVEST ON ICP without tools like cointrack for tax report.)

Please go to the other thread and read my comment. Also move the discussion over there to keep this bounty thread on topic.

Well said, I’ll remove my post from here, “General” is the place for such discussions. I didn’t mean to offend anyone from the ICDevs.org , apologies for that. And thanks for responding.

1 Like

This bounty has nothing to do with DFINITY’s implementation of ICRC2 into ckBTC or the base SNS token(which I think has been completed and just needs to be activated). This was for motoko code for devs that wanted to issue their own motoko based ICRC2 token outside of the SNS.

2 Likes

is this bounty still open or assigned to someone ?

It is closed, but I can’t edit the title any more. :grimacing:

I am assuming you can’t also edit the other ic bounty and they too aren’t accurately updated?

As a mod I can still edit the title so I marked it as closed. @skilesare feel free to ping me if you need any other edits :hammer:

2 Likes