• Discussion (01/09/2023)
  • Ratification: (01/09/2023)
  • Open for application: (01/09/2023)
  • Assigned
  • In Review
  • Closed

Official Link

Bounty Details

• Bounty Amount: $6,000 USD of ICP at award date.
  • ICDevs.org Bounty Acceleration: For each 1 ICP sent to 25be490ab9521ab06c8fb5456a1f376e71204aa565513391322b59b0177aea38, ICDevs.org will add .25 ICP to this issue and .75 ICP to fund other ICDevs.org initiatives.
  • Project Type: Individual
  • Opened: 01/09/2023
  • Time Commitment: Days
  • Project Type: Library
  • Experience Type: Beginner - Motoko;

Description

ICDevs.org has funded the ICRC-1 motoko library at GitHub - NatLabs/icrc1: A full implementation of the ICRC-1 fungible token standard. It is now time to add the ICRC-2(approval workflow) and ICRC-3(ledger and block query functionality). These are still subject to approval by the working group, but work can begin now.

The ICRC-2 spec can be found at ICRC-1/standards/ICRC-2/README.md at main · dfinity/ICRC-1 · GitHub

The beginnings of ICRC-3 are at ICRC-1/standards/ICRC-3 at roman-icrc3 · dfinity/ICRC-1 · GitHub but are still under debate by the working group.

To complete this bounty you will need to participate with the working group to help finalize ICRC-2 and 3, and then build the modules as optional add-ins is to GitHub - NatLabs/icrc1: A full implementation of the ICRC-1 fungible token standard. You can gate the standards with a switch that can be configured via a setup configuration and/or management function.

This bounty gives the opportunity to

• learn about Motoko
  • learn about ICRC-2 and ICRC-3
  • learn about ICRC-1

To apply for this bounty you should:

• Include links to previous work writing tutorials and any other open-source contributions(ie. your github).
  • Include a brief overview of how you will complete the task. This can include things like which dependencies you will use, how you will make it self-contained, the sacrifices you would have to make to achieve that, or how you will make it simple. Anything that can convince us you are taking a thoughtful and expert approach to this design.
  • Give an estimated timeline on completing the task.
  • Post your application text to the Bounty Thread

Selection Process

The ICDevs.org developer’s advisors will propose a vote to award the bounty and the Developer Advisors will vote.

Bounty Completion

Please keep your ongoing code in a public repository(fork or branch is ok). Please provide regular (at least weekly) updates. Code commits count as updates if you link to your branch/fork from the bounty thread. We just need to be able to see that you are making progress.

The balance of the bounty will be paid out at completion.

Once you have finished, please alert the dev forum thread that you have completed work and where we can find that work. We will review and award the bounty reward if the terms have been met. If there is any coordination work(like a pull request) or additional documentation needed we will inform you of what is needed before we can award the reward.

Bounty Abandonment and Re-awarding

If you cease work on the bounty for a prolonged(at the Developer Advisory Board’s discretion) or if the quality of work degrades to the point that we think someone else should be working on the bounty we may re-award it. We will be transparent about this and try to work with you to push through and complete the project, but sometimes, it may be necessary to move on or to augment your contribution with another resource which would result in a split bounty.

Funding

The bounty was generously funded by the DFINITY Foundation. If you would like to turbocharge this bounty you can seed additional donations of ICP to 25be490ab9521ab06c8fb5456a1f376e71204aa565513391322b59b0177aea38. ICDevs will match the bounty $40:1 ICP for the first 75 ICP out of the DFINITY grant and then 0.25:1. All donations will be tax deductible for US Citizens and Corporations. If you send a donation and need a donation receipt, please email the hash of your donation transaction, physical address, and name to donations@icdevs.org. More information about how you can contribute can be found at our donations page.

FYI: General Bounty Process

Discussion

The draft bounty is posted to the DFINITY developer’s forum for discussion

Ratification: (01/09/2023)

The developer advisor’s board will propose a bounty be ratified and a vote will take place to ratify the bounty. Until a bounty is ratified by the Dev it hasn’t been officially adopted. Please take this into consideration if you are considering starting early.

Open for application

Developers can submit applications to the Dev Forum post. The council will consider these as they come in and propose a vote to award the bounty to one of the applicants. If you would like to apply anonymously you can send an email to austin at icdevs dot org or sending a PM on the dev forum.

Assigned

A developer is currently working on this bounty, you are free to contribute, but any splitting of the award will need to be discussed with the currently assigned developer.

In Review

The Dev Council is reviewing the submission

Awarded

The award has been given and the bounty is closed.=

Other ICDevs.org Bounties

3 Likes

Due to the amazing work on the bounty 26, @tomijaga has right of first refusal on this bounty.

2 Likes

Wow, ICRC-2 I’m excited about, but ICRC-3 also looks great.

1 Like

Hey @skilesare, I will be declining this bounty to apply for the [Zip Encoder/Decoder Library].

I can help the person who picks this bounty to get up to speed with the ICRC-1 implementation and also help review their add-ins for ICRC-2 and 3.

1 Like

The ICRC-3 sounds great and well worth doing, I’m very interest in it.
I work with motoko for a long time, also, I have participated in projects of other ICDevs funds.

1 Like

Hey, I am very interested in this proposal. I have experience using Motoko programming, which I believe will be a valuable skill in this proposal. Additionally, I have knowledge of ICRC2. Also, As a member of RankRadar, I have received a grant from Dfinity in the past.@ skilesare

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll submit it to the board, but there should be no issue with you getting started. Good Luck!

@icme, @aiv, @quint, @mparikh, please vote :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hey, I am reading the source code of ICRC1 and standard of ICRC2, and started doing it.

2 Likes

Hey,

There reading the source. Hope still application are accepted?

hey, update me on my progress, I plan to start updating the code this week, I got all the preparations done last week,
The expected completion time is about two months, and the general plan is as follows:

1. First confirm the latest updated features of motoko (this work was completed last week)
  2. Develop related functions of icrc2 (currently in progress)
  3. Debug code
  4. Give reference examples and corresponding commands
  5. Supplementary documentation
  6. If necessary, prepare some test cases

Just want to make sure you are forking off of GitHub - NatLabs/icrc1: A full implementation of the ICRC-1 fungible token standard as that will have the base icrc1 functionality you’ll need.

1 Like

yeah, this is what I am using now, thx.

hey, I update the code of ICRC2, please check

3 Likes

@skilesare please check the code of ICRC2, also about the standard of ICRC3, dose it set?

Hi, we submitted our work some time ago, were you able to verify it? Since we completed the work for ICRC-2, and ICRC-3 won’t be standardized any time soon, is it possible to split the work into 2 and give us half of the rewards? Someone else (or us) could take up the second half which is ICRC-3 in the future.@skilesare

I’m so sorry…I totally missed this…I’ll get it on the list for review/payment asap. We can split it. I had hoped the working group would have made more progress, but it has been slow.

Could you create a pull request into the NatLabs/ICRC1 repo so we can see direct changes and updates to the library?

hey, I also agree that splitting ICRC-2 and ICRC-3 is a good idea, so we can more effectively handle each part. Once the standards for ICRC-3 are established, I would be more than happy to continue contributing to the project.
As for the code, I will reorganize the code and create a pull request to the NatLabs/ICRC1 repository as soon as possible so that you can directly review the changes and updates in the library.
I will let you know when I done it.

I think I’ve successfully created the pull request, please check.
If there are any issues, feel free to contact me. If there’s anything that needs to be modified, please let me know, and I’ll make the changes promptly.

Hi @JingJingZhang9, I wanted check and see if you saw the adjustments that were made to ICRC 2 and if they had any effect on your code implementation. We are voting to approve the spec today!