About Junk Proposals: 8 proposals per day. 30 days from June 1st

@kvic / another hundreds of people that are still in curiousity mode will eventually join the gang hehe

I agree 100% with this
and I have said before
I wish they will set it up like that

2 Likes

Sorry didn’t understand any of that?

1 Like

It’s been an interesting read and thank you for your comments. I have much to read about and understand, especially the many different points of views.

Better understanding comes from being part of history and seeing the outcomes.

1 Like

Something that I just thought of, what if we didn’t have following. Would staking be a full time job and would you not end up hoping there was a way to follow?

NNS is not a defi application. It is a governance token where you get pay for the work you perform wich is voting. Your tokens are locked, not staked. Dfinity and many leaders wanted so much ICPs token to be locked to reduce the circulation that this fact was not heavily explained, promoted. Maybe it was not done intentionaly either. What was very much promoted is that if you lock for 8 years, you will get 20% (29% at first before). So we can see the confusion now where some people want voters to be active to get closer to what democracy is and other people who were told to lock and sleep on it. Despite that, the ICP in circulation have almost doubled in the first year.

1 Like

One correction (though your overall conclusion is correct):

NNS is the goverance “SYSTEM”; where you get paid for the work you perform which is voting.

I fall in the camp of “some people want voters to be active to get closer to what democracy is” because i believe in an engaged citizenry.

2 Likes

I like that analogy and it gives me a different point of view than I had.

Board direction of traditional entreprise Ă©quivalent,

#dfinityloyalist No one could overthrow us :grimacing::fist:t2:

1 Like

Does ysym have multiple donation addresses ? I wanted to throw 20 peas his way but after checking his donation address it looks like only one person has sent him 6 peas wtf ? I would of thought at least one big whale would of thrown in a measly 100 peas by now, VCs stop dumping your unlocks ontop of our heads and fund this mad lad

1 Like

that address is actually a whales lol

How? It has 6 peas, what do you see?

the transaction inside that address made me assumed that that address was from whale,

What is inherently wrong with spam is that it shows a weakness in the system that a person or persons see as an opportunity to benefit from.

Whether a white or black hat the two think the same and could both cause damage or loss.

Many have tried to put forward ways to minimize the spam by various means but it seems no resolve to this problem has resulted.

Every spam proposal I see within the NNS has a proposer number that is replicated over other different proposals that is a unique number given to the proposer.

I would suggest that we add a filter to the NNS that adds a proposer number to the filter list when a proposal is rejected with a percent greater than some number.

A proposer is taken off the filter list after a time period to be able to submit again.

During a timeout the proposer is not disadvantaged from voting.

I would also suggest that the time period be increased after a certain number of rejections that are also increased by the number of rejections thereafter.

I combed thought the wallet at the time I posted and there was no whale behavior to be seen, if anything it was piss poor and disappointing, now however some big balls whale with nearly 600k icp has funded the donation address, it looks like phase 5 has potentially landed should another 50or so icp get donated before ysym’s next proposal though i hope he doesnt drop down to 3 gov votes instead of 4 because of 50ish peas

1 Like